We’re writing today in response to a task assigned over at Beauty Blogger Headquarters, a fun collaborative site that every single beauty blogger should be a part of.
The assignment of the month is to answer some questions addressing how we came to be beauty bloggers in the first place…and since we kind of like talking about ourselves anyway, we jump on any opportunity to do so without coming across as overly self-involved. ; )
So, without further delay…here are the questions we’ve been posed…and our responses. Who knows…you might learn something you never knew about us!
- How long have you been blogging? We started blogging in May of this year…hard to believe it’s been less than 6 months!
- What/who inspired you to start blogging? We are beauty-aholics and always have been. We both did a lot of beauty talking/sharing on our respective Facebook accounts, and often did Glam Nights with ladies in our community to share tips and expertise. One day K just said, “We should start a blog and put all this on it instead.” And so…we did.
- Did you tell your family and friends about your blog? If so, what was their reaction? Are they supportive or "in the dark" about your blogging? Our friends and family absolutely know about our blog, and are supportive of it. Our non-female Facebook friends are probably extra supportive, because since we shifted to the blog, they aren’t overwhelmed by all of our makeup pictures all over their news feeds…hahaha.
- What goals or dreams did you have for your blog when you started? Have you accomplished them? We really just wanted a platform to share ideas and stories and love for beauty products, and have really loved being able to express ourselves through our blog. We continue to set goals for ourselves and to reach milestones that we never expected...we're having an awesome time!
- If you could give your beginner-blogger-self one tip of advice, what would it be? In the beginning, we were less likely to really put it ALL out there…and were a little more guarded with our posts. It might have been that we were trying to fit a mold of what a beauty blog “should” be...because you never know what people are going to like, right? With time we’ve evolved quite a bit and have shaped the site to reflect who we really are. We would tell “ourselves” or any new bloggers to just dive in, and not to be afraid to be honest and blunt and real…because this is a community of wildly supportive people…and they will love you!
- What is your favorite and least favorite thing about being a blogger? Favorite=all of the fun and amazing people we’ve met through blogging and twitter, who share our love for things that sparkle. Everything is more fun when you have friends to share it with! Least favorite=not having enough time in the day (stupid real life and jobs!) to post about everything we want to post about. Hahaha. In our dream lives, we would be able to devote much more time to blogging, because we just love it!
- What does your blog name mean? How did you decide on it? We threw around some different ideas for names, but really wanted something unique that reflected our personalities. Wyoming is such a huge part of who we are…so we had to shout it out…and of course, we love all things Sparkley…so we combined the two!
Thanks so much to all of the beauties over at Beauty Blogger Headquarters for including us in this community. We can’t wait to read everyone else’s responses!
Have an awesome day…let us know if you want to know anything else about us!