Before we get too far into 2014 shopping, however, we want to pay tribute to the products that we met and fell for over the past year. 2013 was a great year to us, beauty-wise…we’re excited to share our love stories with you.
So…without further ado…
We give you the WyoSparkes Top 13 of 2013!
1. Tarte made our lash loving dreams come true with Lights, Camera, Flashes! This statement mascara went to work to lengthen and separate Kristi’s lashes for a super intense, and ultra black, look.
2. Urban Decay’s Supercurl Mascara made us feel like we had SUPER POWERS…of the super shapely lash kind, anyway. Getting tons of curl and lift were a piece of cake using this little wonder!
3. We each tried YSL lipsticks for the first time in 2013…and it was love at very first pucker! Though every YSL color we picked up has found a place in our hearts, we’re especially fond of #1 Nude Beige, Rouge Volupte, indeed!
4. …and Volupte Sheer Candy in "lush coconut" (for days when we craved more of a sheer color). If you haven’t splurged on YSL lippies yet…we highly recommend them. Be careful, though…they are addicting!
5. Urban Decay released Naked 3 late in the year…and even though we technically didn’t have a lot of 2013 to enjoy it, we BOTH fell SO in love with it that it would be impossible not to include it here. Nude and natural looks have never looked so good, UD…we heart you!
6. Of course none of our favorites lists would be complete without some MAC goodness, and Kristi met her truest lippie love of possibly all time with MAC’s Altered Beige. It’s a perfect nude that goes with her wherever she goes! I believe she's already on her 3rd ...with 2 lying in wait.
7. MAC lips go best with MAC faces, and we both adorned our cheeks with plenty of MAC blush this year. Gingerly turned out to get almost daily use…blending with lots of other shades to create perfect cheeks every time!
8. Janine picked up MAC’s Grande Dame Mineralize Rich lipstick in the Spring…and found herself unable to shake its goodness. It’s the perfect rosy pink with a touch of shimmer that went with almost everything. She won’t leave home without it!
9. You know that we have love love love for fun eye looks, and Too Faced released the Pretty Rebel with WyoSparkles seemingly in mind. Metallics, brights, shimmers, and more…all in one perfect palette. It’s definitely gotten a major workout since we grabbed it!
10. No face is complete without some contouring/bronzer, and Kristi found herself grabbing Too Faced’s Milk Chocolate Soleil more often than not, to give her cheeks the perfect shaping effect….
11. …while Janine nurtured a love affair with Tarte’s Hotel Heiress to do the job.
12. One more palette, to make our list complete…and again, it’s from favorite Palette Powerhouse, Urban Decay. We both loved the Vice Palette when it came out in 2012, so of course when Vice 2 was announced, we were all over that action. Urban Decay’s perfect shadow formula continues to wow us…and we never get tired of their fun and new color additions. This palette is a keeper!
13. Kristi would be lost without her Instant Age Rewind Concealer for Maybelline. Perfect for concealing and highlighting…it’s a daily must have to create her perfect look!
So…that does it for our 2013 love affairs. We have a feeling that we’ll stay true to many of these fabulous and addictive products well into the New Year…but we’re excited to meet new prospects in the coming months, as well. If we missed out on your favorite 2013 product, let us know in the comments, so we can track it down and give it a whirl!
Here’s hoping that 2014 is full of joy for all of you…HAPPY NEW YEAR!